Monday, December 1, 2008

Blog # 20: Relationship To My Essays

When it came to writing these essays, I had a few obstacles to jump over. The first was writer's block. What am i going to write about? I have a good idea in mind but i need to get it on paper. Once i was able to get my thoughts down on paper, the next step was to make sure it was creative nonfiction. The creative part came naturally, however I was stuck on whether or not it was nonfiction. After a few tries, I finally understood the concept. All of my essays have something to do with me and my life. Some of the topics were good things, while others were not so much good things. They were a mixture of emotions. I find it good to write about different emotions because in a way it is like therapy and it also helps in terms of clearing your thoughts in mind. It was easy to recall these moments and write about them. I am proud and happy with the essays that I have written.
In terms of revising my essay, I am not one hundred percent sure of how I am going to revise it. I have to put my essay aside and come back to it at a different time, so i can look at it fresh. If I do that I will see it in a different way and maybe something will trigger, such as a new idea, or a way I can change this or that. One thing I can say about it, is that throughout the revising process, I learn more and more about my writing and writing in general.

No comments: