Friday, October 24, 2008

Blog # 11: Objects

After looking in my closet, a drawer, my purse, wallet, pockets, backpack, and even boxes with old things, I came across a few things. i found so many things from my childhood i had no idea what to pick to write about. i narrowed them down to two.

When I was younger, probably a baby, I had this blanket. Blanky, my blanket, was a blanket I slept with everynight to keep the monsters away from me. It was white with a hint of blue and yellow. The blanket was my security blanket. I held it in the car as I carried it everywhere with me. It went to the stores, to the doctors, dentist, etc. I asked my mom about it, and she told me once I took it with me to my aunts house in New York and I accidentally left it there. Once I realized I didnt have it I started to freak and balled my eyes out. My aunt had to mail it back the next day. When it was time to be washed I refused bc it had the smell on it that I was familiar with. As mom would wash it over and over it would start to rip because the material was so gentle. I still have my blanket today, despite its condition. My blanket has been tired in several knots to keep it from ripping anymore. Today, it looks like a soft rope.

I found my old wallet i had and in it was my old license, silly cards u press with your thumb and a color appears indicting a answer, and a Babysitters Club card. The club memership was something i joined to get bookmarks, magazines, updates, etc. I choose to blog about the card because I laughed when I saw it. Before I mention the Babysitters Club books, I want to mention another series of books that correlates along with them.
Before I began reading the BabySitters Club books, I started to read the Little Sisters Series because they were better suited for my age. The little sisters series are about Karen, Kristy's little sister and her adventures. I loved these books. Then i became older and started to read the actual Babysitters Club books. Out of curiousity, I searched for the Babysitters Club books on barnes and nobles website and I immediately said "wow". These books started in 1995, and it is now 2008. They even have the same girls but in cartoon characters and their own books. I loved these books because they were fun to read, relatable stories, and they kept my attention. Today,these books are in a cardboard box tucked away in a closet. Also on a shelf is the Babysitters Club movie.

No comments: